Monday, August 4, 2008

19 Weeks (I'm in love with my body pillow)

The belly continues to grow! (I know, I need a tan. LOL.) Not much new to report from camp Alvarez. We're enjoying what's left of summer. It's going by way too fast! We've been spending some of our free time checking out play yards, travel systems, high chairs, nursery furniture, the list goes on. I'm a little overwhelmed! It's all fun stuff but I never realized how much STUFF you actually do need. I've also been looking into daycare, so my least favorite word of the moment is "waiting list." Hee hee.

This weekend, we're headed up to 8th Lake for some camping and relaxation with a big group of friends. Since this is only my second real camping experience, I'm looking forward to becoming more of a "pro" at it. We even purchased some gear, including a really neat tent that hooks to the back of our Jeep so that someone can sleep inside the car and someone else can sleep in the tent. So you can make a quick guess at who will be dreaming in the back of the Jeep on top of a squishy egg crate, alongside her Boppy Total Body pillow.

And I just have to rave about this pillow -- it is this pregnant girl's best friend! Although, it takes up almost as much room as CJ, so you can imagine what fun it is to turn in for the night with the two of us, my pillow, and the two dogs all crammed onto our queen-size bed. Never a dull moment!

We're also very excited for next Monday, as that is the day we find out if it's a boy or girl! (As long as Baby A. cooperates!) I don't care what Baby A. is, as long as he/she is a healthy baby. That's really all I can ask for!

Last, I'd like to give a shout out to one of my regular blog readers who just welcomed her new baby girl on Friday (so she probably won't be checking this blog for a few months! Hee hee.) Congrats to the Kent family on their new addition, Sydney Drew! (Love that name.)





3 comments:

Weazie said...

God Bless the full body pillow. I don't know what I'd do without it...but you're right, it definitely takes up its share of space on the bed! Good luck on Monday!

Ursula + Jim said...

Love the belly shot :)

The King Family said...

Aww.. the belly shot. Love it. Enjoy this time as it goes by soo fast- too fast really. I look back on it all now and wish I could do it one last time just to hang on to those baby years, but they are gone for me and I have 2 little men now. Where did the time go? Many best wishes and best of luck. Little boys always hold their mom's on pedestals.. that little boy will love you forever. Keep me postedmbjbjbh