Friday, December 5, 2008

37 Weeks: Maybe a BABY next week?

Baby A. is 6 lbs. 12 oz. and is now full term. Yay for that! Nothing is really happening, no signs of labor. Dr. mentioned a procedure they can do in office to help start the labor process and I think we're going to do that next week.Can make labor progress immediately, in a few days time or within a week. It can also not work. Like her suggestion to try it, since baby will be over 7 lbs and full term. It is done to help start spontaneous labor and hopefully avoid a c-section, which might happen later down the road if I go longer and baby keeps growing bigger. If we can help nature along, I am fine with it. Here are some new photos of the belly. (Maybe my last ones?!)




In the midst of all the excitement leading up to Baby A.'s debut, we received some sad news earlier this week. CJ's grandma passed away on Monday. It wasn't totally unexpected, she has been in a nursing home and battling dementia for a while now. Thank you to everyone who has sent us their condolences.

Her services are Dec. 21-22. If Baby A. comes before, I think it would be good so that even if I can't attend, CJ will be able to go and celebrate her life with his family. We were so blessed to have her in our lives and it makes bringing this baby into the world right now that much more special. The circle of life. We only wish she could be here to meet him when he arrives.

Here are two photos of Gram from our wedding in 2005.
Jes took the b&w one and it is one of my favorite ones from that day. May she rest in peace. We love you, Grammie.



3 comments:

The King Family said...

Yay.. 37 weeks. I know what procedure you are referring to- stripping of the membranes right?! I had that done a few times with both kids and didn't work for me. Hopefully it works for you. Sorry to hear of CJ's gramma's passing. I know what he is going thru with my gramma only passing away 3 months ago. Give him my best. Hope this finds you well and hopefully giving birth soon. Best wishes and keep me posted. You look soo cute and ready to pop!

Jerri said...

oh my goodness! you're so close. how exciting. looking forward to hearing what happens soon?

Meg said...

Wow, so exciting! Best wishes for a safe and speedy delivery!