Our first Dr. appointment was at 8 weeks, on May 15. Everything looks good! My due date is my birthday, Dec. 27. So much for NOT wanting to put another birthday between CJ's on the 22nd, Christmas and mine. Oh well!
Here is the little bean's first sonogram. My co-workers all had comments. Anna says she can see CJ's nose, Erica thinks the kid is already holding a Bud and then there's Kevin, who thinks our child looks like a "platypus." I personally think this looks like a tornado or some special Doppler weather reading. So, enjoy taking a peak at my uterus. Ha!
People who have been venturing guesses on the baby's sex think its a girl. I'm "feeling" more girl than boy, so we'll see how it turns out when we find out the sex (most likely around 20 weeks.) According to the Chinese Gender Chart on ivillage.com, we're having a girl. That notion will not please my father in-law, who is adamant we're having a boy, to "carry on the family name." Thanks Jose! :)
As legend has it, the chart was buried in a royal tomb over 700 years ago and since being discovered has been used to predict the gender of an unborn child based on the mother's age and month of conception. Although the chart is said to have a success rate of over 90%, it is just for entertainment purposes. However, when I charted some of my friends who are mothers, it looks to be almost 100% on the mark for their kids. Very interesting!
Our next sonogram is at 12 weeks on June 11, when we do all of the genetic testing and blood work. Ya-hoo for needles. :(
8 comments:
Eilis and I like this web site for tracking development progress:
http://www.babycenter.com/
The timeline at the top is the coolest!
Thanks Ted. I already subscribe! :) Are you surprised?
Congrats! This is the first I have heard of the news and I just talked to Sandy the other day. Best wishes for a great pregnancy and a happy and healthy delivery! Keep us posted on everything... girl would be nice- so much fun shopping for a girl, but a boy is just as cute. I'll be checking the blog to see all the latest and again Congrats!
Congrats Jaime! I'm prego too...almost 20 weeks. We have our big ultrasound tomorrow. Not sure yet if we're going to find out what we're having. It's a great ride. Enjoy!!
This is so neat. I love it. We are so excited for you both. A girl would be great for Logan and Kyle, then they won't have to fight over Sofia.
Yay! A baby blog! We're looking forward to keeping tabs on you and the wee one!
~Eilis
Congrats again, glad I will get to follow along in Durham ;)
So we found out we are having another boy...just to let you know that Chinese gender chart was wrong for us both times!!
Post a Comment