Friday, June 6, 2008

11 Weeks (More gut than bump)

Hello readers, anyone out there?! There hasn't been a lot to report on lately. Everything is going well, I'm still extremely tired (but what's new) and thankfully, have not been sick. Right now I'm in that wonderful stage where--as my friend Wendy so bluntly put it, capturing my exact feelings right now--"Women feel more fat than pregnant." Amen, sister. I am looking forward to the point where I begin to grow OUT instead of SIDE to SIDE.

I snapped a new photo of "the belly" this week, marking my second monthly self-portrait of my ever-expanding midsection. (See, you can see that "widening" since a few weeks ago-- ha ha.)


While I was at it, I took some shots of our FIRST children Arli and Quincy (the fur baby kind) outside enjoying the nice weather we've been having lately--minus today's sweltering 90 degree heat and severe humidity. Since my hair is my own personal barometer, it is up in a clip where it cannot harm passerby. Such is the curse of natural curls.



Arli eating grass (our dogs are like cows).




Quincy on the back deck.


We go to the Dr. next week for genetic testing and the 12 week sono. I'm not looking forward to the blood work, I hate needles. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Weazie said...

Good luck at the 12 week appointment! I hope you're lucky like we were and get some 3D pics at your appointment! The woman who scanned me spent about 5 minutes measuring the nuchal fold and about 40 minutes showing me the rest of the baby...good times!

Unknown said...

Um, if I took a picture of my un-pregnant belly right now, it would look bigger than yours. I hope this gives you a lift in spirits. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!
Dave and I are so excited for you guys. Good luck at your appointment. I agree, blood work sucks, but sonograms are fun! Especially once the baby doesn't look like a platypus anymore. I thought Peyton looked like a duck at our first sonogram.

Jerri said...

I'm so excited for you and CJ! You are so tiny. Don't even worry about it. It's such a great time in your life. You just have to enjoy every second of it.