Friday, August 29, 2008

Nursery plans and the baby boom

I'm slacking on updates, but in a nutshell: still pregnant (23 weeks to the day, to be exact), still having a boy, still playing the great name debate with the hubby. What an exciting life we lead!

Baby Boy A. has been kicking up a storm these days. We definitely have another soccer playing Alvarez! He seems to have a "schedule" for movement -- I feel him around the same times each day. Mostly timed around my eating schedule, so maybe he's just reminding me, "Hey Mom, I want to eat now!" I do enjoy the fact that he tends to quiet down around 11 p.m. Here's hoping he retains this schedule outside the womb!

We're getting the nursery together, so it definitely feels more "real" to walk down the hall and see his room coming together.
The room was already painted a very light yellow and that matches the super cute bedding we've chosen. CJ's parents gave us a gorgeous antique commode (short, 3-drawer dresser) that belongs to CJ's Grandma Kittsley and has been in her storage locker since she went into the nursing home. We also borrowed a beautiful light oak rocker that belonged to Grandpa Kittsley. It has the most comfy cushions and compliments the nursery with yellow and white checkered fabric. I'm looking forward to rocking him to sleep in it! Then, on a total whim while checking out the annual Bouckville antique show a few weekends back, we found a larger dresser that almost perfectly matches the commode. So, we'll use the large dresser as the changing table and Baby Boy A. will have two antique pieces to grow up with. I love the fact that the furniture has "history" and is in beautiful shape so that he can use it and take it with him when he leaves our house, like CJ and I did with our own antique dressers (mine was passed down from my Dad's Aunt Gladys's house in Cooperstown). Now we just need a complimentary crib, which my Mom and Aunt Sandy are buying for us as a shower gift as soon as my Mom and I can go shopping together.

In other people's news -- my Aunt Julie is having a c-section this morning to deliver their second child, another daughter. So, I'm waiting on word of her name and all the typical baby stats. I just found out that our VA friends, Mark and Jonelle, welcomed their new baby girl, Julia Madison, a little after 10 p.m. last night. Big congrats to the Shipley family! And I'm checking Ted and Eilis's blog daily for any updates on their progress. Poor Eilis is still pregnant and now overdue on last check. (Hi guys!)

2 comments:

Weazie said...

Everyone but me is having their baby!!! :)
Still hanging in over here...appointment at 3pm today and the wait is KILLING ME.

Love the bedding you chose! So classic...can't wait to see pictures of the room once it's all done!

23 weeks...well over half way now! Awesome!

Eilis

Anonymous said...

Eilis and I had an appt. with the doc today. She (we) are going in tomorrow night to begin the inducement protocol. Yikes!