Thursday, September 4, 2008

24 Weeks ('Big' or 'Small')

Monthly photo of the growing tummy, taken this morning. Tomorrow marks 24 weeks and the last part of the second trimester. Time is flying and yet, I'm sort of "sick" of being pregnant. I just want to meet the little man!

In the past few weeks I've had several people remark on the size of the belly, either that I'm carrying "small" for how far along I am, or that I'm "Gosh, so big - when are you due again?"

I'd like to say two things about this:
1. everyone carries differently and the more pregnant women I see, the more I want to keep repeating this mantra to myself and all others
2. don't ever call a pregnant lady, no matter how far along she is, "BIG"

After hearing these wonderful observations, and with my ever-changing hormones, I've been on the brink of tears one day and wanting to strangle the person the next. Such are the joys of pregnancy! I'm going to go eat my yogurt cup now, because Baby A. is in full kick mode -- telling me it's time to snack (healthily!)



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaime - you look great! Take a look at our blog - this is what you have to look forward to!!!!!

Anonymous said...

AMEN! I needed theropy after pregnancy b/c of all the "wow you're gonna pop" and "you're so big." When's it okay to say that to someone... let alone when strangers or people you hardly know now think it's okay to touch you (belly). Anyway, my point was to say that you look b-e-a-u-tiful!!!

Ursula + Jim said...

You are glowing, it's wonderful to get into the last trimester! Love the blog, keep it going :)

Beth said...

jaime!! congratulations, i'm just catching up on the news. motherhood is absolutely wonderful, certainly makes up for the last trimester of pregnancy, that's for sure! But it was super fun being preggers with patrick during the holidays, got away with eating a lot! So enjoy enjoy enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Jaime you are absolutely gorgeous! You just keep gettin cuter and cuter. I can't wait to see the new edition! You two are really going to be the greatest parents, can't wait to visit yall again!