Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Baby Shower

I had a wonderful time at my shower Saturday afternoon. It was really a treat for me to leave the house and see so many family and friends all in one place, celebrating the pending arrival of our little one!

My heartfelt thanks go out to my Mom, CJ's Mom, my sister, my Aunt Sandy, CJ's Aunt Di and Aunt Kitsey and CJ's cousins Steph and Amy for putting on a fantastic party and making the most delicious desserts I've ever tasted! Also to Karen's friend Shelia for the adorable baby buggy sugar cookies in orange and brown -- the "theme" colors. I think I gained another 5 lbs. from all of the goodies! Once again, Steph made one of the most adorable shower cakes I've ever seen, she is too good! It was the best carrot cake I've ever tasted!!

And special thanks to the friends and family who traveled long distances to come celebrate Baby A.with us! It was very hard for me to just sit in my comfy chair and not be able to walk around and greet everyone individually as I would have liked.

We received a ton of loot, I think this child already has more clothes than CJ and I combined! Again, I can't even begin to express how very grateful we are for all of the gifts for the baby. Our dining room looks like a baby bomb went off in it -- now, where to put everything?! I am excited for CJ to get all of the bedding on the crib so we can take some photos of the nursery now that it's pretty much finished.

Enjoy some photos from the shower and thanks to Wendy for manning my camera for the afternoon.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the cutest cake I've ever seen! And you look great ;)

The King Family said...

looks like the shower was success... that cake is soo cute! Not much longer now. Hope you are feeling well and finding things to keep you busy. keep us posted