The week began like any other. Monday I came downstairs to hear my dogs going berserk from their perch in the front window (they are neighborhood watch!). I looked out the window and saw three pretty good-sized deer standing at the end of our driveway. I grabbed my camera and snapped a shot through the window, so it's a little fuzzy. My guess is that they were either house hunting (this is a great neighborhood for a family of three first-time home buyers) or they were going door-to-door campaigning for their chosen presidential candidate.
On Tuesday, my mother in-law Karen came for a visit and made apple crisp and chicken riggies for CJ and I. It was great having her here, company is wonderful! And we appreciate the help with dinners so much. I know CJ won't admit it, but having a night off from cooking is a good break for him. She is going to come by on a weekly basis, which is fun. Tuesday night I snapped a photo of the belly, almost 32 weeks.
Wednesday brought another visitor, my Mom! She grabbed lunch for us from A La Mode, my favorite local gourmet sandwich shop. I had the Leah's and boy was it yummy! She also made us chicken, biscuits and gravy (one of my favorites) for dinner, so CJ got two nights off from cooking.
Wednesday also marked the first snow fall in CNY, although Syracuse didn't see much of anything, or any snow that really stuck around. Some of the higher elevations experienced much greater snowfall, though. CJ was bummed that he didn't have snow day or even a delay. Such is the life of a teacher! The dogs were excited to have the heat on and I caught them snuggling together in Quincy's favorite spot. This heat vent is on the lower shelf of a built-in bookcase in our family room and it has become Quincy's retreat during the winter months. Arli is getting a little too big to fit in there, but she managed to squeeze in some vent time alongside her sister. My two daily companions!This week, we also put the finishing touches on CJ's Halloween costume. His entire department at school is dressing up as pirates. I think he makes a handsome swash buckler! I also find it completely hilarious that tomorrow is not only Halloween but my weekly Dr. visit and sonogram and he has to come straight from work, which means -- he will at the Dr. dressed like this! Let's hope Baby A. doesn't decide to come tomorrow, otherwise he might be meeting his Daddy in this fancy get-up! :)
I am looking forward to tomorrow night because I love Halloween and my sister and Cayden are coming over to help hand out candy to our neighborhood trick or treaters and to watch "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." CJ is going to stay in his pirate garb to greet the kids that come to our door and has a little pirate hat and hook for Cayden, if he's willing to wear it and help him hand out treats. I can't wait to see that!
No comments:
Post a Comment