Sunday, November 23, 2008

Big night out

Big excitement -- I was allowed to leave the house last night for Dinner Club! Every other month we get together with five other couples (friends of ours from high school) for dinner, drinks and to catch up on our lives. Each couple takes turns picking the restaurant. We always have a great time.

Last night was Kacey and Dave's pick,
Papa Gallo in Fayetteville, a Mexican restaurant. The food was great and the company even better. I had soft chicken tacos, which were really good, and a delicious virgin pomegranate margarita. They also had some of the best guacamole I've ever tasted. The ladies shared two desserts: apple chimechangas (a deep friend burrito filled with baked apples and served with a scoop of ice cream, tasted like apple pie) and sopapilla (a fried pastry-quick bread drizzled with honey and powdered sugar and topped with vanilla bean ice cream and fresh strawberries and blueberries.)

I was so excited to get dressed up and put on make up, I made CJ take a couple photos. Check out my ever-growing baby bump! :) Five more weeks to go...

2 comments:

Weazie said...

I'm glad things are going smoothly and you have been able to get out of the house once in awhile! We can't wait to see this little guy!

Jerri said...

you look great! i'm so glad you could get out and have fun on the town. it is so cool that you are still so close with everyone from high school and that i can kind of keep tabs on them while i'm in touch with you. tell them all i said hi! take care.