I think someone is listening! Dr. appointment yesterday went well, we have made good progress, so they didn't need to do the procedure to try to spur labor.
Then we had a little scare last night and spent a few hours in the triage part of the labor and delivery unit at the hospital on a fetal monitor to make sure everything is OK after talking to the on-call Dr. from my practice. It is, thank goodness. I guess it was a "test run" - I'm glad the hospital is less than 5 minutes away.
We went there on the advice of the on-call Dr. but I still felt like a panicky pregnant woman. The resident and the nurse at the hospital were very nice and both said it was better to be safe. CJ was very reassuring as well, saying I'm not the first ever first-time Mom who has had a concern like that.
While at the hospital and on the monitors we found out that I'm in early labor and having contractions every 5-7 minutes, but they're not lasting very long and truth be told, I'm not feeling much except some back pain. I think I have a very low pain tolerance, so this is surprising to me but I'm sure the contractions now are nothing in comparison to what comes later. The resident said he doubts I will make it to my next Dr. appointment this coming Friday.
So, we're home and relaxing and just waiting to see what happens next. I guess this stage can go on for a while. Every person is different! I'm hoping it's NOT for the next two weeks. :)
4 comments:
yeah!! I remember all too well what you are going thru.. all the flase labor... but, truth be told, you are close... you'll know it's real when NOTHING you do stops them... don't worry, everything will be ok and soon you'll have your little man...
I am soo excited for you. keep us posted
Good luck with everything, Jaime! I know it will be great. We loved laboring at home as long as possible and I was already 8 centimeters by the time I got to the hospital, which was great, and meant no drug intervention at all. But, honestly, whatever happens will only help you get closer to meeting your little one, who will change your life forever in such amazing ways. I know it will all go well! Good luck. I'm thinking of you!
Hurry up baby! We're so excited for you...waiting for "the update" with pictures of your little guy! I hope everything goes smoothly for you...
Yeah!!!
You guys did it!! You're officially parents now, congratulations. There is nothing quite like meeting your little guy for the first time (tear). Merry Christmas and Happy Birthdays!
Love you,
Jackie and Quinten
Post a Comment