Almost 29 weeks and now I'm on bed rest for the next week. At my appointment yesterday we discovered the fluid around Baby A. is low, so there is concern of dehydration and that I'm not drinking enough water. I drink 7 or 8 glasses a day, so I can't imagine drinking MORE, but I do what I'm told!
The good thing is that my water hasn't broken, I'm not having contractions (minus one or two Braxton Hicks, which is something new) and Baby A. is not in distress from the lack of fluid around him. On the contrary - they did a non stress test to measure his movement and heart rate and everything looks perfect for almost 29 weeks along. He and I are also measuring big - closer to 30-31 weeks along. Also good, that shows he is getting his nutrients and continuing to grow and that the placenta is still functioning. He's close to 3.5 lbs now, which makes me very happy. She wasn't concerned about me going into labor or anything, otherwise we'd be talking steroids to help with lung development, etc. All good things.
So, I am sequestered to the house and to a week of drinking tons of water, relaxing and resting and no work, even from home. I have to take it easy with stairs and walking a lot, so no more nightly 1.5 mile walks with CJ and the doggies, which is a bummer since that's my chosen method of exercise lately.
I'm limiting myself on e-mail and internet time, so this will be my last post for a while. I go back to the Dr. Tuesday for another sono and to check on things and she will see where we go from there. I do get to attend the childbirth seminar that we're signed up for this weekend, as that's not too strenuous. I'm really hoping to be off rest by next week, since my baby shower is next weekend! But whatever I have to do for Baby A., I will do!
One nice thing about the timing of this, is that CJ has today and Monday off for school holidays, so he gets to stay home with me. He is already being a very good husband, offering me glasses of water and letting me rest and is currently doing laundry. What a good man!
Bottoms up! (Yay, water.)
4 comments:
Take it easy and rest up now. You'll need the energy for when the baby arrives. Glad all is OK. Just do what you are told and relax. Let CJ pamper you. Keep us posted.
bed rest! Goodness! Well, rest up girl and keep drinking that water...I hope everything continues to go smoothly. We'll be thinking of you...
Rest up and chug that water - I'll be thinking of you!
Thinking of you three, rest up as much as you can. The water drinking can be frustrating, but it really helps! Just think of all the bad TV you can now watch ;)
Post a Comment