Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Update: After midnight and I'm wide awake!

So it's after midnight and I'm propped up on the couch, wide awake. Went back to Dr. today. Good news: my fluid levels are perfect! Bad news: I'm on bed rest for the rest of this pregnancy. That's 10 more weeks, hopefully in the comfort of my own home.

Due to "issues" with my anatomy, which I won't delve into on this blog, I am now on disability and out of work for good. CJ and I go back to the Dr. tomorrow (err, actually later today) to learn how to administer steroids, to help with Baby A.'s lung development should he decide to come early. The good news is that the issues are with my body at this stage in the game. I was on the fetal monitor for 20 minutes again and his heart rate and movement are all great, no sign of distress. I am not having contractions, my water has not broken, etc.

At the next visit, they will also take a culture to see if there's a possibility that I will go into labor in the next 2 weeks. Not exactly how I pictured the last 10 weeks going, but I have learned to roll with the punches and be flexible. Anything for Baby A.! If my fluid levels really drop again or contractions start or my water breaks, I will be admitted to the hospital for the rest of pregnancy. I am hoping I can spend as much time at home as possible.

As for my shower this weekend, it's still on and I have permission from my Dr. to attend, as long as CJ drives me and I sit in a comfy chair. I am really looking forward to it and Dr. says it will be good to get out of the house for a few hours and to celebrate Baby A., all that fun stuff you do at a shower!

So keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I'll be here on phone and e-mail and visitors are always welcome!

4 comments:

Jerri said...

oh my goodness, jaime! i'm a new mom and am awake at this hour, too. ridiculous that we both should be in bed right now, but aren't. i'm so sorry to hear that you are on bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy. i'm really thinking of you and wishing you the best, most safe and special labor ever. whenever your baby comes, it will be incredible. really thinking of you!

Weazie said...

So sorry to hear about the bed rest...but I'm glad everything is going well with Baby A. We're thinking of you over here...keep your head up and keep us posted! Have fun at the shower this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of you! I wish even more that I could make it down this weekend to your shower- have to work Family Friends weekend since I'm the "newbie." I hope that everything goes smoothly and you can stay home for your bedrest. Love ya. Jackie and Q

Anonymous said...

Good golly Miss Molly! I'm an old Mom and am awake at this hour too. See when you have teenagers you stay up until they come home safe & sound. Remember, Jaime, have fun w/ the bed rest. Cj can pamper you & wait on you hand & foot. Watch a classic movie or juicy soaps,read trashy magazines ,maybe a good novel or romance,slather aromatic lotion on your belly,paint your nails, call & e-mail your friends, send dirty jokes. Eat healthy & take care of yourself b/c soon you will have your bundle of joy & you'll think... this is what I've been waiting for & this is what I was meant to do!
Love U,
Aunt Patty & The Boyz