Friday, July 17, 2009

7 Months


Holy cow, I feel like Cooper has changed so much in the past month! He's now 7 months old and has gone mobile. Yes folks, we have crawling, expert crawling. Coop went from scooting on his belly to full-fledged crawling in what only seemed like one week's time. Things are happening so fast now! We really need to get on the baby proofing at our house. He is zooming all over the place and we love it. In the past two days he has also tried to pull himself up by holding onto the exersaucer or my legs. Last night he actually succeeded and pulled himself into a not-to-stable standing positing by holding onto the Bumbo seat. I almost fainted. I'm sooo not ready for this! Over the Fourth of July, he also said his first word - "Da-da." He is now repeating it back to us when we say it to him. He does not know that CJ = Da-da yet, but wow, hearing that word come out of his mouth was so magical. A real word, and not just babbling. Which he is also doing quite frequently. I can only imagine what he thinks he's saying to us! He has also begun to repeat his actions and takes great pleasure in snapping this one toy off of his exersaucer and throwing it on the floor. As soon as he's placed in the saucer, off this piece comes! And then we have to run and retrieve it and put it back, just so he can do it all over again. The little things that keep a small child entertained! :) This month has been crazy for us. We've been to many events, like baby showers and wedding showers, and will be taking our first family trip down to Va. Cooper went to the zoo for the first time and loved it. There was one particular penguin who was not at all camera shy and "posed" with Cooper for some photos. Our circle of friends and family has extended yet again, with the birth of two new baby girls, Rebecca Brophy and Reagan Dawson, and a boy for my cousin, Justin Burns. We are so thrilled for their Mommies and Daddies. We're also amazed by Rebecca's parents, who with her arrival now have four children. You two are saints! We also ask that everyone sends well wishes and prayers to little Justin and his parents Jessy and Jacob and big brother Jacob Jr. Justin was born at 36 weeks and is currently in the NICU. He's on some oxygen (which has been downgraded since his birth, which is awesome) and was fighting off an infection. He is improving by the day, but prayers always help! Hope everyone is well. Here is the 7 month photo set. (Remember, if you click on any of the bold, underlined text in the posts, you will be directed to corresponding photo albums.) We also finally took videos off of our camera, so I will try to post them in the next week or so. We managed to get one of him saying Da-da, which I think is pretty exciting. :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, when they go mobile it is a whole new ballgame!

Weazie said...

It's so amazing the changes that occur week to week and month to month in this first year, isn't it? Everyone told us to watch out when Brindy became mobile, but I have to be honest and say I really love it! I'm looking forward to him being able to walk on his own (he loves toddling around holding our hands these days) so I won't have to carry him everywhere. Time to get the leash! :)
Glad you guys are having as much fun as we are!